Health care team members outpatient/primary care settings who need to provide resources for caregivers of dementia patients.
Answer/address frequently asked by dementia patient caregivers questions (FAQs) through referral to evidence based, on-line and/or community resources.
- Identify frequently asked questions of dementia patient caregivers
- Provide available on-line and community resources to caregivers
- Collins, L.G., Swartz, K. (2011). Caregiver care. American Family Physician, 83(11), 1309-17.
- Barczi, s. Personal Communication. June 11, 2018.
- Thomas P, Lalloue F, Preux P-M et al. (2006). Dementia patients’ caregivers’ quality of life: The PIXEL study. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 21:50-56.
- Vandepitte S, Van den Noortgate N, Putman K, Verhaeghe S, Faes K, Annemans L. Effectiveness of supporting informal caregivers of people with dementia: a systematic review of randomized and non-randomized controlled trials. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease. 2016 Jan 1;52(3):929-65.