Health care team members outpatient/primary care settings who need to provide resources for caregivers of dementia patients.
Answer/address frequently asked by dementia patient caregivers questions (FAQs) through referral to evidence based, on-line and/or community resources.
- Identify frequently asked questions of dementia patient caregivers
- Provide available on-line and community resources to caregivers
- Collins, L.G., Swartz, K. (2011). Caregiver care. American Family Physician, 83(11), 1309-17.
- Barczi, s. Personal Communication. June 11, 2018.
- Thomas P, Lalloue F, Preux P-M et al. (2006). Dementia patients’ caregivers’ quality of life: The PIXEL study. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 21:50-56.
- Vandepitte S, Van den Noortgate N, Putman K, Verhaeghe S, Faes K, Annemans L. Effectiveness of supporting informal caregivers of people with dementia: a systematic review of randomized and non-randomized controlled trials. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease. 2016 Jan 1;52(3):929-65.
Links in Assessment Image, FAQ of Dementia Patient Caregivers and Resources/Referrals:
4. FCA CareJourney: https://www.caregiver.org/health-issues/dementia
5. Caregiver Stress 8 Item Quiz: https://www.alz.org/help-support/caregiving/caregiver-health/caregiver-s...
6. Taking Care of You: Self-Care for Family Caregivers: https://www.caregiver.org/taking-care-you-self-care-family-caregivers
7. AARP Home Alone Alliance: https://www.aarp.org/ppi/initiatives/home-alone-alliance.html
8. Family Caregiver Alliance: https://www.caregiver.org/
9. Department of Health Services (Wisconsin): https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/dementia/families.htm
10. Alzheimer's Association: https://www.alz.org/