Create awareness amongst providers about the role and value in conducting Performance Improvement (PI) programs in the nursing home.
Create awareness amongst primary care and consultant providers about Performance Improvement (PI) programs and opportunities in the nursing home.
Describe the role and value for conducting PI work in nursing homes.
- Identify main areas for PI opportunities in the nursing home.
- Create awareness amongst primary care and consultant providers about PI programs in nursing homes.
- CMS QAPI Description and Background: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/QAPI/...
- CMS Resource Guide for Quality Improvement Tools Related to New (April 2016) Nursing Home Compare Quality Measures: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/QAPI/...
- Interventions to Reduce Acute Care Transfers: https://interact2.net/
- Brassard, M., & Ritter, D. (1994). The memory jogger: a desktop guide of tools for continuous improvement and effective planning. New Hampshire: GOAL/QPC.
- Juran, J., & Gryna, F. (1988). Juran’s quality control handbook (4th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill, 17.4-17.5.
- The Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship for Nursing Homes: https://www.cdc.gov/longtermcare/prevention/antibiotic-stewardship.html
- Medication Errors: https://psnet.ahrq.gov/primers/primer/23
- Deprescribing: http://deprescribing.org/
- CMS National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/Surve...
- Cox C, van Jaarsveld H, et al. Psychotropic drug prescription and the risk of falls in nursing home residents. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 2016; 17(12):1089-1093.
- Mort J. Antipsychotic medication use in nursing homes: approaches to reduce use and national trends. South Dakota Journal of Medicine. 2015; 68(10):464-5.
- National Nursing Home Quality Improvement Campaign: https://www.nhqualitycampaign.org/default.aspx
- McGeer A, et al. Definitions of Infection for Surveillance in long-term care facilities. Am J Infect Control 19(1):1-7, 1991.